In our last post, we shared that our business has evolved and this evolution will directly have an impact on how our investors can invest in Farmkart. Here’s why:
Our public funding process is currently on hold and will be for a while.
In January 2021, the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) in Nigeria made new rules to regulate crowdfunding for businesses operating within the country. The new rules have placed fresh conditions of public crowdfunding processes by MSMEs, which includes limitation of funds and introduction of intermediaries and other participants.
We appreciate the measures being set up by the commission and are working to fully comply with all the requirements — should we need to go for a public raise in the near future.
All hope is not lost, there are still four dynamic ways you can invest in us:
- Buy Farmkart products: With our current business model, we are evolving to provide fish and poultry on a retail level. We want you to experience the Farmkart farm in your home. We want to be part of your kitchen. Invite us in by buying our products for yourself, your family and your friends. This way, you are investing in the success and continued growth of the business. While you might not make money now, you will fill your tummy and be energized to make money in some other way. But most importantly, you will keep us alive long enough until we IPO like Jumia, AIRBNB, Apple, etc. and then you can become a shareholder in our company. We really can’t wait to have you on board and share this day with you.
- Share Farmkart with your Community: Don’t just buy our products, tell people about it. Tell your family, become our evangelist. Again, this will help us grow at a much faster rate and we can race towards the IPO line even faster. That means, you can become a shareholder faster. Our promise to you are — Quality, Affordability, and Accessibility. We intend to keep that promise to you and all the people you bring our way.
- Tell a VC about US or Share Investment Opportunities with Us: If you know a VC interested in investing in an agri-tech startup or a tech startup, tell them about us or share the opportunity with us, and we will give it our best shot. We will make you proud.
- Be Part of Our Community: We really want to build a family with you. Follow us on social media, stay connected via our email community and ask us questions, engage with our campaigns. Investing your time and emotions in us is worth so much and we will make the return on investment worth it.
- Directly Invest in Farmkart, we accept check sizes from $5000 in exchange for equity as we journey to raise $3,000,000. If you are interested in becoming a legacy investor with Farmkart, send us a mail via firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.
Thank you for your continued support and investment in Farmkart. We have gone from building a dream into a business that has been alive for over 5 years, thanks to you. You mean the world to us.